Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sita's Song (5:13)

Hanuman greets Mother Sitadevi

Sita devi is discovered by Hanuman, trembling with fear in Ashokavana, the favorite private garden of the vile Rakshasa king Ravana.  Hanumanji listens with a breaking heart as Sita expresses Her desperation and grief, having been kidnapped by Ravana.  She cries to Her beloved Sri Rama in prayer, mentioning Her unwavering devotion to Her eternal husband, Her thoughts of suicide and the frightening prediction that She will lose Her life at the hands of Ravana if not rescued by Rama within two month's time.

Where are You now, My Lord?
I've waited here so long
I fear You may not find me!
Why have You not come?

Imprisoned in this grove
I only think of You;
When will You rescue Me?
I live only for You!

As each day passes by
I sit here so forlorn
Thinking only of You
And waiting for each morn

I loathe this lonely place
Because You are not here.
When will You rescue Me
And take away My fears?

When will My Lord appear
And take Me from this place?
My eyes long to behold
His handsome, gentle face

Oh, when will He appear
To take away my fears?
Oh, Lord, please come save me,
Or no more will I be!

To You I have been true
I've thought only of You
Come rescue me, Your wife
Or I'll give up my life!

I'm waiting for You here
To take away my fears
Oh, Lord, please come save me
Or no more will I be

Track 7   5:13   Sita's Song

Sita blesses Hanuman

No comments:

Post a Comment